Everyone should see Venice at least once in their lives, it’s endlessly inspiring and perfect for photography!
This photography break is a lovely way to enjoy this beautiful city. If you enjoy taking pictures and travel then what better way to visit Venice than on a photography holiday learning more about your camera and how to take good photographs.
Venice offers photographic opportunities galore. From the Rialto Bridge we see the evening sun as it radiates across the water reflecting off passing gondolas, we explore the magic of St Mark’s square, the canals and bridges, the Rialto market and the gondolas bobbing. Away from the grandeur of Venice, we visit the delightful island of Burano, a real treat with its colourful houses spilling their reflections into the canals. Venice is a great place to have fun in the company of a group of travellers improving their photographic skills, capturing great images and soaking up the Venetian atmosphere.
Our lovely 3 star Hotel Abbazia is housed inside the ancient monastery of the bare footed Carnelite friars of Venice. The recent restoration has preserved the charm of the ancient abbey, and many rooms overlook the private inner garden. Located in a quiet corner of the historical centre of Venice and is within walking distance of many of the photographic opportunities Venice has to offer. We will be able to hop on and off the Vaporetto buses too.
Ventura photography holidays in Italy are a great way to meet like-minded people and improve your photography.
The beautiful lagoon island of Burano with colourful houses.
The view of the Grand Canal from the Ponte d’Academia.
- Day 1
- Fly from the UK to Venice Marco Polo.
- Transfer to your hotel in the heart of Venice.
- Time to relax, have lunch and a welcome briefing before heading out to take some shots of the Rialto Bridge as the sun goes down.
- Meet up early evening and head out to visit local restaurants.
- Day 2
- Breakfast each day in our hotel
- Photography day with a stop for lunch. We start at Rialto market to shoot the days catch in the fish market and colourful fruit and vegetables. We have a short break before meeting up again to capture the late afternoon light and the sunset at Piazza San Marco and gondolas along the waterfront.
- Each evening we meet up and head out for dinner at hand picked restaurants.
- Each day we review and discuss the day’s shoot.
- Day 3
- Meet for sunrise (all sunrise shoots during the tour are optional and we return to the hotel for breakfast).
- Today we visit the beautiful island of Burano, with its brightly coloured houses for a day of photography with a stop for lunch. We return to Venice for a sunset shoot.
- Day 4
- Meet for sunrise
- Today we visit the quieter backwaters of Venice for another day of photography with a stop for lunch.
- Day 5
- Meet for sunrise
- There will be an opportunity to relax or head out to take some photos and lunch before farewells and transfer to the airport for our departure home.
Suitable for all photographers: Just starting out with a digital SLR or CSC Mirrorless camera? want to improve your photographic skills?
Tuition: Tuition is in the form of in-the-field talks, demonstrations, one-to-ones, review sessions and discussions.
You can learn about: Camera functions and handling; Composition; Exposures; Apertures; Shutter speeds; Depth of Field and Using Filters.
Group size is limited to 8: Small groups mean that you get the best out of a location and receive the personal attention to learn at your own pace.
As well as photography, you’ll be in the fabulous city of Venice and in the evenings we dine in hand picked local restaurants.
Venice – Dates and Prices
|Travel Dates||Nights||Single Occupancy||Double / Twin Share||Local Payment||Notes|
|Thurs 09 Nov – Mon 13 Nov 2017||4||£1039||£759||€60||3 places Available|
|Thurs 16 Nov – Mon 20 Nov 2017||4||WASPs||Private Tour||€60||SOLD OUT|
|Thurs 08 Nov – Mon 12 Nov 2018||4||£1149||£869||€70||Available|
Included: Transfers, bed and breakfast accommodation in a three star hotel in the centre of Venice, pass for the Vaporetto buses and photography tuition and advice throughout the tour. Group size is limited to a maximum of 8 people to enable everyone to receive some one-to-one support.
Not included: Flights, drinks, lunches, evening meals, travel insurance, photographic insurance, city tax (€3.50 pppn).
Flights are not included. You will need organise your own flights, however we can assist with flight information and booking your flight.
Recommended flights are from London Gatwick to Venice Marco Polo OR Manchester to Venice Marco Polo.