Cinque Terre, Italy
The Cinque Terre must surely contain the five most beautiful seaside villages in Italy. A rugged portion of coastline, the Cinque Terre is in the Liguria region of Italy to the west of La Spezia, on the Italian Riviera. The five villages of the Cinque Terre, coastline and the surrounding hillside is a National Park and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Cars are not allowed so access is by trains, boats and feet! This will surely guarantee a very relaxing time. Our photographic tour is based in the pretty village of Monterosso al Mare but we visit all five villages, we use the trains, hopping on and off and soaking in the atmosphere and character of each village. There are photographic opportunities in abundance and the late afternoon light warming the colourful houses of the villages sets the scene for some lovely images.
Our lovely family run 3 star Hotel Marina lies in a quiet area 100 metres from the sea and the wonderful scenery of the Cinque Terre. Located in the heart of the old town the hotel is just a few steps from the restaurants, cafes, bars and shops. The hotel has 25 rooms, all have private bathroom, TV 28 sat, telephone, airconditioning, mini bar and a safe. The hotel offers a rich buffet breakfast with local and organic delicious specialities and fresh fruit.
View over Vernazza
Sunset at Vernazza
Cinque Terre, Italy
- Day 1
- Fly from the UK to Pisa.
- Transfer by train to your hotel in the heart of Monterosso.
- Once settled into our hotel we head out, take some shots and enjoy dinner.
- Day 2
- Breakfast each day at our hotel.
- After breakfast we explore the village of Monterosso, it’s church and lovely streets before heading to Vernazza by train for lunch. After lunch we explore the landscape overlooking Vernazza and colourful houses in the village and boats on the waterfront.
- Sunset shoot at Vernazza.
- Each day we meet up for dinner, review and discuss the days shoot.
- Day 3
- Today we take the train to Corniglia, a village of contrast to the other villages of the Cinque Terre. Set high above the sea with an arty feel, Corniglia is surrounded by traditional terraced fields called ‘face’ in local dialect. Here grapes are grown to produce typical local white wine. Corniglia has narrow streets and a rock terrace offering views of the coastline and the other four villages of the Cinque Terre. After much we travel by train to Manarola, the oldest of the Cinque Terre villages. We tour the village of colourful houses and small harbour before taking our place for sunset.
- Sunset shoot at Manarola.
- Day 4
- After breakfast we explore the beach at Monterosso before taking the train to Riomaggiore, the largest of the five villages. Set on several levels, its narrow streets of peeling pastel buildings lead down a steep ravine to a tiny picturesque harbour. You will fall in love with Riomaggiore.
- Sunset shoot at Riomaggiore.
- Day 5
- Depending on flight times there may be time for some last minute photo opportunities locally in monterosso before we transfer by train to the airport for our departure home.
Suitable for all photographers: Just starting out with a digital SLR or CSC Mirrorless camera? want to improve your photographic skills?
Tuition: Tuition is in the form of in-the-field talks, demonstrations, one-to-ones, review sessions and discussions.
You can learn about: Camera functions and handling; Composition; Exposures; Apertures; Shutter speeds; Depth of Field and Using Filters.
Group size is limited to 6: Small groups mean that you get the best out of a location and receive the personal attention to learn at your own pace.
Cinque Terre – Dates and Prices
|Travel Dates||Nights||Single Occupancy||Double / Twin Share||Local Payment||Notes|
|Thurs 25 April – Mon 29 April 2019||4||£989||£859||€80||Available|
|Wed 23 April – Sun 27 April 2020||4||£989||£859||€80||Available|
Included: Transfers, bed and breakfast accommodation in a three star hotel in the centre of Monterosso al Mare, photography tuition and advice throughout the tour. Group size is limited to a maximum of 6 people to enable everyone to receive some one-to-one support.
Not included: Flights, Drinks, lunches, evening meals, travel insurance, photographic insurance.
Flights: Flights are not included, you will need to book your own flights, however we can assist with information regarding flights, please contact us with your enquiry. The arrival and departure airport for the tour is Pisa, Italy
Transfers: Transfers are included from the arrival and departure airport.
Recommended flight details: 2019
London Gatwick – Pisa || Airline Easyjet || Depart 12.25 – Arrive 15.40
Pisa – London Gatwick || Airline Easyjet || Depart 16.10 – Arrive 17.25
Manchester – Pisa || Airline Easyjet || Depart 12.25 – Arrive 15.50
Pisa – Manchester || Airline Easyjet || Depart 11.30 – Arrive 12.55
PLEASE NOTE: Return flight for MCR flight is Tuesday 30 April and would require and overnight in Pisa for Monday 29 April.