Bled and Bohinj Valley, Slovenia
Discover Slovenia, Lake Bled and the Bohinj valley, gems in the Juilian Alps and experience a range of incredible locations. Capture images of stunning mountains, lakes and fast flowing rivers. Lake bled and the Church of the Assumption on Bled island, photograph traditional ‘Pletna’ boats and gracious swans and fantastic sunsets. By way of contrast we visit Lake Bohinj in the heart of the Julian alps and experience scenes of everyday life in traditional villages such as Stara Fuzina with beautiful displays of flowers, agricultural details and the sound of cowbells. The picturesque village of Studor, famous for the double hayracks (known as ‘toplars’ or ‘stogi’) in the landscape, is also one of the oldest villages in Slovenia. Fast flowing rivers and waterfalls at Vintgar and Monsica Gorges are a must to get creative with long exposures.
Our 3 star Hotel Jelovica is located within a spa park in the old town just a few minutes walk from the shores of Lake Bled. The hotel is within easy walking distance of many of the photographic opportunities Bled has to offer. Accommodation is in twin share and single occupancy rooms. All rooms have a private bathroom and are equipped with safe box, heating, safe, satellite TV, telephone and free WiFi.
Canoe in the late afternoon light on Lake Bohinj
Lovely light on the fast flowing water at Vintgar Gorge
Bled & Bohinj Valley, Slovenia.
- Day 1
- Fly from the UK to Ljubjana.
- Transfer to our hotel in Bled.
- Time to relax, have a welcome briefing over dinner before heading out to shoot idyllic Lake Bled at sunset.
- Day 2
- Breakfast each day in our hotel
- After breakfast we head to Vintgar Gorge and Radova River with its waterfalls, rapids and pools. Later we explore the area around Lake Bled. After lunch we take a high viewpoint for landscape photos in the warm evening light and sunset over Lake Bled.
- Lunches and dinners each day will be wherever we are on location
- Day 3
- Today we visit traditional villages such as Stara Fuzina and then onto Studor with the famous double haystacks in the landscape. Later we take a high viewpoint to photograph Bohinj valley.
- Day 4
- Today we explore the beautiful and tranquil Lake Bohinj, after photo stops at the lake we head to Mostica Gorge to shoot waterfalls and pools. Before we return to Bled we photograph Lake Bohinj in the evening light.
- Day 5
- There will be an opportunity to relax, take some photos or review photos and an early lunch before we transfer to Ljubjana airport for our departure home.
Suitable for all photographers: Just starting out with a digital SLR or CSC Mirrorless camera? want to improve your photographic skills?
Tuition: Tuition is in the form of in-the-field talks, demonstrations, one-to-ones, review sessions and discussions.
You can learn about: Camera functions and handling; Composition; Exposures; Apertures; Shutter speeds; Depth of Field and Using Filters.
Group size is limited to 7: Small groups mean that you get the best out of a location and receive the personal attention to learn at your own pace.
Slovenia – Dates and Prices
|Travel Dates||Nights||Single Occupancy||Double / Twin Share||Local Payment||Notes|
|Thurs 14 June – Mon 18 June 2018||4||£1159||£969||€70||Available|
Included: Flights, transfers, bed and breakfast accommodation in a three star hotel in the Old Town of Bled, private transport to locations, photography tuition and advice throughout the tour. Group size is limited to a maximum of 7 people to enable everyone to receive some one-to-one support.
Not included: Drinks, lunches, evening meals, travel insurance, photographic insurance, city tax.
Flights are from London Stansted to Ljubljana… Book early to avoid any flight supplements.
If you prefer to organise your own flights and book the tour as a land only package (without flights), please enquire for a quote.